You may have experienced a head cold or flu this winter as it has been quite cold in Coogee. It appears some unlucky people experience shocking sympotms for weeks and the symptoms are forever changing. I thought I should send a reminder email of how you can support your immune system at home. of course, if your symptoms persist come in for an allergy treatment and some strong nutritional and herbal medicine to get your health back to 100%.
- Garlic, add it to every meal as it relieves mucous congestion, antiviral, anti-parasitic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and antioxidant.
- Ginger, reduces body pains with its anti-inflammatory actions, promotes perspiration and elimination of toxins through the skin. this is great to also add to foods and also boil and drink.
- Turmeric can also be added to food or drinks. Turmeric has an anti-microbial action as well as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Onion has a viral inhibitory effect which helps cease replication.
- Drink lots of warm drinks; add lemon and honey for the sore throat, or just lemon to strengthen your immunity.
- Sleep as much as you can, keep warm always wearing a scarf.
- Meditate or relax, follow a guided meditation or sit and focus on the breath
- Add a few drops of Eucalyptus to a bowl of boiling water and carefully bring it to the room where you are sleeping
Boil in a small pot 4 cups of purified water in a small pot to the boil. Cut in half; 2cm cube of Ginger, 3 pods of Garlic and 4 cm red chilli. Add these to the boiling water and continue to boil for 5 minutes. turn off and let cool to drinkable temperature. Add 1/2 tsp of Manuka honey if you have a very sore throat.
- 1 avocado flesh (you may like 2 if they are small)
- 1 onion (red, white or brown, doesn't matter)- chop finely
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- Iodised, mineral, celtic or herbal salt
- Mix avocado, onion and turmeric together and taste, add salt as needed.
- This can be combined with slices of tomato on a corn / rice thin.
Due to the scope of this email I haven't added every action and benefit the herbs and foods will offer you or a description of the actions – I think most are self explanatory. Feel free to email any questions or to come in for a consultation.